Monday, January 30, 2012

Petty thoughts...

There are two kids with whom I am going out these days. They'd be hardly 25. Today I introduced them to Vinni and Bruno (the doggies in the neighborhood - where we take a walk after lunch). And we talked in general. I am getting emotional these days. I am harping on the same things. Funniest stuff is, I happened to tell them about Boo, not exactly revealing his identity (that I hopefully never will do)...but told our story in a broad outline.

I was wondering to myself, why exactly I told. When it is such a flop show, why am I publicizing it? To have sympathy is it? Well, I will be honest. I am a sympathy seeker, even after knowing how futile the sympathy is. But there is a certain charm in talking with young girls. They have a certain positivity, which me, my friends, and in general people of my age lack. They don't get overwhelmed by the situation.

I got a new neighbor today in my cubicle. A lady, who I thought was not so polite, when I didn't know her. Today we pretty much laughed aloud and she was in general good. She's given birth to a baby boy in September, came back after her sabbatical. She's also going through some personal crisis (also financial may be...she candidly admitted to me, that she can't afford to take leaves on loss of pay)...but coping up. I remembered having been hostile to her...never even spoke to her earlier, as I don't like rude people. But today I felt, who knows why someone behaves in a certain manner? Who knows what one has to go through?

I remember us having bitched about her also. She'd been in a same situation as I am today. Who knew what his apprehensions were, at that time. Had I known, I'd have cautioned myself. I now kind of know the future crystal clear. Still one hopes. I shall hope for another month or so. Then give up finally...

No comments: