Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Untitled thoughts 2...

Apparently blogging, facebook etc are good for health. I personally don't like facebook(though I do have a profile) - because I feel it is too intrusive. Blog is low profile. See, the whole reason why I am writing online and not in my diary, is, in the hope that somebody hears me out. But that, actually, is all I want. Hear. Read. Don't respond.

Me and my friend were discussing the other day about the impact of seeing a distressed person in front of you. She was telling me about fighting couples and girls crying in the bus/metro. She doesn't know what to do. She can't remain aloof when someone is in so much trouble, neither can she reach out to the unknown person. I can tell about the other side. I have cried in public transport. Had someone (known or unknown to me) would have tried to comfort me in that situation, I'd have been greatly irritated and might even have blasted them. The only reason I'm crying in public is, I can't hold back my emotions till I reach my bedroom. I need to vent them out right now, or else I might collapse. I just need the release, I don't need anyone's pity.

And even if you try, can you really help? Anyways there's nothing as complex as human mind, there's no way you can fathom it. Today, while I was walking towards office, I saw some jute bags tied at the mouth, some living beings were struggling inside them. I am very sure they are street dogs, I know each one of them by face, for a stretch of at least 1 km around my office, and I couldn't see any of them around. I am just getting immune to these things. People simply don't care. My best friend doesn't care for me, as I have been demanding justice from him, is just the least of them. My uncle died, and his son is gonna buy his first car the next day - he's busy celebrating that. I wonder where the world is going? So how can you ever understand why someone is hurt, or why someone has hurt? We, the modern day people are just like islands. We enjoy individual heavens, we burn in our own hells. No sharing, no caring.

I don't think I'm being a pessimist. I'm just being neutral. I used to feel this way a year back. Then he came. He brought me back to mainstream life. Where, despite everything, we try to live. I gradually started dreaming about marriage, children, family outings, fun, what not. Now that I'm back to my island existence, I am quite contented. Got a new game to play in my new mobile, got quite addicted to it, made high scores, so having a good time :)

No comments: