Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fleur Vs Abhimaan

Fleur, is very French. Though in English also, they have this phrase, "say it with flowers", I somehow feel, even that is taken from French. Abhimaan, on the other hand, is very Bengali. Ya, I do remember that there was a movie of this name, made in Hindi, but don't forget that the director, as well as the leading lady was from Bengal. The concept itself is very Bengali, if you ask me. No other place has ladies so sulking, so touchy, so full of dreams - dreams that burst like a bubble as they are mostly baseless and impractical, but nonetheless, hurt a lot.

I see beautiful roses here. Of all colors. Love the pink ones. KANK has got a beautiful scene. In fear of getting caught by his wife, Dev gives her the entire bouquet he had actually got for Maya. When he finally sees her off and comes to Maya, he gives her one solitary red rose, he had managed to retain. I am surprised to see the different links in youtube, on KANK. Having the movie or its clips is fine. But so many different versions of joining scene after scene, reliving the story, adding a preferred background score, kind of takes me by awe. Similar reaction to what I felt, when I learned that Tum Yaad Aaye was the best selling music album of 1997. There are so many heartbroken people on earth, is it?

Quite futile, if you ask me. Doesn't count for practical people. Practical people get everything in life. They have friends, have lovers, get married, have children and earn a lot of money. The trick is not to get involved. Not to expect Fleur and not to practice Abhimaan.

Tried to spice up the dinner a bit. Didn't turn out that good. But still, had it happily. My royal solitary two course meal. Tortilla with curry, followed by pudding. Tried to watch a movie. Didn't find a good one. It's only 10:10 PM. Last Saturday was definitely better. I need to pack, but don't feel like it. Can do a little bit of analysis, just to keep things ahead of time, but why should I work in the weekend? So finally I have nothing to do. And this post is also done.

No comments: