Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tears of joy...

In our own small way, all of us have done something for our country...at least, if not all...the honest (albeit poor but not corrupt) section of the 100 crore population...but nothing matches this feeling. In my life time we have won 2 more world cups, but the memory seems vague. This win is incredible. Cricket at its best, and team spirit at its best.

Mahindra Singh Dhoni...standing ovation for what you did. You showed what a captain should do, in a moment of trouble. You sure had a shot of Felix, isn't it :)

I discovered an unknown version of myself...shouting at the top of my voice, my hands are still red from clapping. I loved every moment of the game, and was always always sure of winning it. I went numb, stopped breathing, but never gave up hope. That I can be such a positive thinker, was a revelation to myself. Not only in this game, as we went through the Aussie match, the Paki match...every time I was surprisingly sure of the win. Don't know wherefrom the positive vibes came, but we did it in the end.

I shall remember the night of April 2nd, 2011 all my life. Probably I have forgotten better nights than this, which I promised to remember. Because none gave me such everlasting joy as this one. This is something that doesn't fade away because of the everyday trauma of life. This is something that makes life beautiful. Compels you to live.

Sachin, like I said, someone who is as good a human being as you, worships you. For his sake, I wanted you to get this world cup. I hope he is even happier today, than I am. I don't know if he thinks I have been a deterring factor in his life. But to this day, nothing matters more to me, than a smile on his face. Thanks Sachin, for having been an inspiration to the best person I have met in my life. May you keep showering glory on India, and do us proud.

I am proud of my country, I always have been. Can't even think how there can be people who have been born in India and say, that they don't like the country. Anyways, this is not the right day to discuss hypocrisy. Its time to end my speech though :)

We love blue, and may the tricolor soar this high, for all ages to come.

No comments: