Sunday, April 17, 2011

Freedom...

I know I shouldn't get so irritated, but I can't help it. Why are people having such a one track mind? Why do they feel that a girl has to get married. I hate it when so called elders bug me about marriage. I won't marry. Period.

See, I have nothing against marriage. But marriage is not a compulsion in life. Get married only if you get the right guy. If not why add more complications to life. I am a normal person, I want a life. It is not that I really enjoy staying in the room and writing long prose. But just for the sake of companionship, you can't bend yourself na? Tell me, a girl of my age and achievements, is it even prudent for her to be shown to prospective in laws, to walk in front of them and talk about things you know...to prove you are normal? And not having met the guy, you get married. And then you find your worlds are totally different. And first and foremost, I hate Bengali men. They are the greatest hypocrites alive. In fact the entire Indian menfolk segment is like that. All they know is to boss and impose and have their own way. I am a girl who has never been able to be assertive this far. But today, after a grueling 31 years of life, I can finally say NO very loud and clear. No man is going to boss over me. Period.

Yes, I know it's difficult. No one knows it better than me. I also know that things will only worsen. I will become more and more lonely. But it's ok. At least I am having my own way. I have not become a "sevadasi" of a fellow human.

Let's see how long we can sustain. But few things are very clear to me. No arranged marriage. No searching. If it has to happen, it will happen. I shall not force anything on myself.

No comments: