Saturday, April 2, 2011

ICC Cricket World Cup Final - match is ours...just waiting for the moment...

Aah, Cricket World Cup Final...can't tell you about the excitement. Pupu, like a really good and disciplined girl, got up from bed, took a shower, dressed up in blue shirt and blue shorts (she didn't even want to wear anything in dark blue, carefully distinguished between the two shades :) and is shouting herself hoarse and clapping loudly, ever since then, inside a closed room. Just she and the laptop...would look quite crazy to the outside world. This is our match now, come what may...I'm confident.

Funny part was listening to dada's commentary. Very Bengali accent, though he's trying his best to suppress it and bring about his Xaverian self...I listen to it with chuckles in between. Dada is not a Shastri...he doesn't have that magic. I love seeing dada in action, dada's not commentator material u see...he's just what he is...the man who took off his shirt and waved it in Lord's balcony...Aah the sense of achievement he brought about :) What Surya Sen couldn't, Netaji couldn't, he did. Killed the bloated ego of the brits. Bengal beats england...how cool does that sound :)

Rahul remains my favorite though. He's the type of person I can connect with. Cool, composed, determined. I being a person driven primarily by determination (zero talent, negative luck, 200% karenge ya marenge mentality), I still worship the Wall.

But just for today's game, I am all for your favorite sports person. He is God, like you are. He deserves all happiness, all success, like you do.

And its got to be captain's luck. Dhoni's a good captain. He has that killing instinct. So my tagline reads, "Felix Felicis to Dhoni Bhaiya...pls pls". I wanted it to read, the title of this post...but leave it. Let us wait for the moment to arrive.

I love cricket. Especially in the moments in gets marginal. And in the moments you make it square from a hopeless situation. But today, nothing can go wrong. And nothing will go wrong.

No comments: