Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The species called "mother"

https://youtu.be/kmZGI9F4K68

Dedicated to Ammu, the hapless stray in Bangalore, whose 8 puppies were killed by a lady who wanted to exercise her right to express intolerance - http://m.indiatoday.in/story/bengaluru-woman-thrashes-8-puppies-to-death-to-teach-dog-a-lesson/1/624846.html

Ammu, don't look for your children, they are dead. Don't be in denial mode, it hurts more. I wish someone could explain to you the nuances of life, but you are born as a dog, you know only to spread love - you will never understand the need for atrocities. Just in another year you'll get another litter of little ones, they will help you forget your grief. I don't even have that option, still I am surviving, you'll live too...

I wish you could listen to this song. Lukachhupi is a comfort song for moms who have lost their babies. It makes you cry, it tells you that your babies are safe and sound somewhere in a much better world...

Some days are always more challenging than the others, yesterday I literally struggled in the heat. And everything was going wrong. My watch came off undone, my favorite Oriflame lipstick got dislodged at the base - probably melted in the heat. But these are petty crises that you can handle, I could mend these things. The spring of a watch, even impossible things like a broken lipstick...but never a broken heart - I am nursing my broken heart for 10 years now... if there was any way to cure a bereaved mother's heart, I'd have cured mine and yours... I know I can't do that, so I offer you this song...

And Ammu, don't forgive...I know your species forgives easily, but heartless people who cause unnecessary heartbreak, should never ever be forgiven...

No comments: