Friday, March 11, 2016

About nearness and fondness...

https://youtu.be/qrZZP-rne18

This by the way is my all time favorite song. I am obsessed with this album itself, but the female version in the album doesn't have the last stanza in this video version. And do I love this last stanza? Can't tell just how many times I have listened to this and felt that it's been written only for me...

Who knew that this life will again get lost in such doubts?
While moving on, at some turn, there'd be nightfall in the middle of the road...
The lamps that were lit up for us,
Are all being put out...
Partly a conspiracy by darkness, somewhat because light cheated on us...
Which is this juncture where life has stopped? Why doesn't it go on?
And if I were afraid, then my darling, please note, I wouldn't have been in love with you...
I'm just afraid of our separation, I'm not afraid of death...

This was a super flop movie by the way, but I still admire Vidhu Vinod Chopra's romanticism. I am also very fond of this girl Neha (the heroine)...I remember perhaps three movies where she was a part, but she looked lovely in all of them...in fact Kareeb released after my HS, in 1998. I was so influenced by this lady that perhaps for the only time in my life I had stitched two Kurtas in her style, long, flowy, ankle length. An off white (or very light yellow) one with floral print which I wore with off white pyjamas and a red dupatta printed in the Rajasthani style (with a gold border - I still have the dupatta) and the other was blue with tiny white dots which I wore with white pyjamas and white dupatta. Both the dresses got torn, if I remember correctly - I wore them so frequently. To add to that, I'm more of a ready-made clothes person, I rarely stitch my dresses, and if again, my memory doesn't fail me, after around 4 frocks (two embroidered, two printed) that were stitched when I was in junior school, this was the first time I had visited a tailor!

The lady Sanjeevni - who has sung this song, I found her voice to be very appealing.

Mom says, she'd found her marriage photos once while cleaning the house in 2010 and then she's again lost it. What's the point in being in such a routine marriage where you don't even treasure the photos? Whatever, I must sleep...

No comments: