Friday, December 30, 2016

Promise to myself

But then, honey, I had promised to myself that I won't hold back. If it makes me look stupid, so be it. We are honest people, aren't we? I would rather not do anything even more stupid, like writing you a mail I don't mean to. I meant the poetry honey. Forgive my childishness if you can.

I know that you might not love me in a way I love you. It's ok - it doesn't take away anything from my love for you. I just had to express myself. Like an ostrich I now want to close my eyes and pretend not to exist. Why is love so humiliating? You really take me back to my childhood, way my niece does. And you know what she tells me? I should kidnap you or marry you but never let you go away...

Here goes my conversation with my niece...though it is quite incomplete without the stickers - and the poetry, I mean his poetry. But how on earth can I breach all kinds of IPR and share it here. My blog might be offline now, it won't be so forever...

Me: OK dude my heart just melted
So even amid so much sickness I pinged you
Please for the love of God read this
She: What?
Me: I don't know who I love more - the chessman or the poet
She: This is heaven
Who
Wrote
This?
Me: Dude I just crushed on him
The chessman idiot
Who else
She: U r a mad person
Me: What?
What did I do now
She: Please please please
Either marry or kidnap chessman
He is one of a kind
Me: Dude relax

You know what? After madness comes sanity. Bossie used to say, mann ki baat bol deni chahiye... So I did. Nobody liked the post. It went unacknowledged. Nobody bothered that my soul mate and I - both grieved, both craved for, even welcomed death, probably for different people, but for undaunted love. And there ended my love story. There's no point aiming for impossibility at this half life period. I cannot kidnap you honey. And I am not marriage material - remember?

No comments: