Sunday, July 1, 2012

Feelings change...

When we were friends, he didn't feel this ownership about me. I don't know exactly what kind of feelings were present then. We have always been good friends, still I'd feel this hint of weariness (though very rarely) about things concerning me. E.g. when I got the first hike in this company, he was the first one I told. I asked him, do we go out and celebrate? His answer was pretty non committal, "sure, but not today". Not that he won't be happy, but he didn't feel it is his own achievement. I hope you can understand the difference.

Yesterday we were discussing about various nuances of professional life. Though I have more experience than him, he is definitely more mature professionally, as he has seen more. Worked with clients, across the continents, across brands, small, medium and large. He was telling me the importance of optimum communication, and playing one's cards timely. I said, I know nothing about all these. He then, so lovingly, reassuringly, and protectively said..."I will teach you".

I like the conversations we have. Easy, free flowing, devoid of tension. After 1 long year of struggle, we are finally back to our old friendship days, only a friendship much stronger, and touch wood again, for a life time :)

Can't wait for him to come back, waiting for that day when we go out together once again. I absolutely love, love, love my bestest friend :)

No comments: