Saturday, June 30, 2012

Back to India or back to life?

Touch wood. Because what I am going to write today is extremely precious to me.


It was an wonderful night. It brought back memories of the first night we spent together. That night was a magic that every girl craves for. Of all things, I remember one small incident. After dinner, we were sitting together and watching television. He had tuned to a Hindi song channel, where quaint old songs were being aired. As I listened to the songs, he asked me, "you want apple?". I said, "no...". I'm like that only, not even polite enough to say - no, thanks. When it is a no from me, it is just a no. So then, this gentleman, he goes and brings the apple, peels it, chops it into nice small cubes, and feed me the chopped pieces one by one, all the while talking to me, and diverting my attention enough, so that I do not protest. At the end, he say, "it's not that you don't like, you have to be fed properly".

So after all the misunderstandings in the in between 8 months, a night like that again comes back. A night when he realizes finally, how much wrong he was trying to do to me. He becomes my old best friend, my prince of that one night in October. He tells me stories, he talks softly, he creates a magic once again. He says he has work, has presentation early in the morning at office...still won't go to sleep. I am insisting from the other side of the phone, he won't listen to me. He is almost asleep, still he won't cut the call. He tells me the story of King Solomon and Queen of Sheba, and I listen like a child to how she was seduced by him. I, the well read me, had never known this story. Somewhere in my heart, I always wanted this person who'd be better read than me, would have known life better than me, and I'd be just protected and pampered by him. It felt so so wonderful to be back with him, in exactly the way I wanted.

I am not a girl to make demands. I am pretty happy with whatever little I get, provided, what I am getting is full of honesty and transparency. After a long long time, I felt that our relationship has become transparent, he has finally won over the battle going on in his mind, and decided to accept me and face the world. I loved the way he put it. "I don't like you...from 3rd standard, I have handled 20 females, I never had a problem with any of them...you are the first troublemaker. I don't like you". I simply loved the fact :)

So that was how the third Prague trip ended. I found that Europe routes of Emirates have a much more better service than India bound routes. Travel was hectic and boring too, and I am pretty dead tired till now. Office saw a totally "all smiles" avatar today, which was not the reality by the farthest means. But then, who cares, I take time to give my blows.

Back to India...my house full of cockroaches, there was no water the first day I arrived, but then again, this is life. October is the current milestone, by then I would have taken a decision about which place to settle down in. If that requires a sabbatical from job, I will probably go for that even. As of now let us be diplomatic, is what I have told myself. And then, everything apart, I'm just looking forward to our date when he comes back. Hope he comes back soon. Haven't been out with my best friend for a long time now :)

No comments: