Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mingled emotions...random thoughts...

I don't understand this weariness that takes me in its grip at times. Last night was sleepless, to say the least. Last night was stifling, suffocating, uneasy, torturous. There are times when you realize you have wasted a lot of time, just thinking about taking some action and sitting idle in practice.

As a result of that, such a serene morning with birds chirping softly, and I lose its beauty entirely. The soothing sunlight doesn't really seep into a room overcrowded with books, clothes and furniture and almost anything on earth that  spells disorganization and mismanagement. From my days in Prague I know very well that I am basically not like this. I like keeping things tidy, neat, clean and well arranged. But you can tidy up things only till a certain threshold is not reached. No one else to blame, I myself have allowed my life to go for such a toss. For a long time now, I haven't really thought about my well being. Now that I seriously think, hundreds of hurdles face me.

PGs provide clean rooms, even for single occupancy at times. But then, life in a PG is more public than I'd want it to be. I can take a room on rent, but that means a lot of deposit money. And life is so uncertain here (this is what I have been telling myself for God knows how many years, I go nowhere else and tolerate this hell of a house), that I don't want to invest so much money. Then the question of security is also there. Life in Bangalore for a girl living alone might not be that easy.

But this life  is also not easy. He says, my room is full of negative energy. I don't quite agree. My room in Prague was full of sunlight, airy and spacious. But negative energy seeped in even there. Negative energy is this weariness in my mind. Until it goes, no place on earth will be good enough for me. But there is this self set deadline of October. If October goes and I am still unable to do something worthwhile for myself, I don't deserve to forgive myself.

জলে বাস করে কুমীরের সঙ্গে বিবাদ করা চলেনা, আমি সেটাই  করতে চলেছি হয়তো। কিন্তু আমার নিজের কাছে আমার মনের শান্তি টা অনেক বেশি জরুরী। আপোস করাটাকে আমি একেবারেই ভালো চোখে দেখি না, তাই, মনে অল্প ভয় থাকলেও আপোস করাটা কোনো কাজের কথা নয়।চাকরির বাজার আবার কবে খারাপ ছিল না যে এত ভয় পেতে হবে? বরং কোনো একটা এসপার ওসপার হওয়া ভালো, এভাবে শূন্যে ঝুলে থাকার কোনো মানে হয়না। কাউকে মুখ ফুটে কিছু বলতে না পেরে গুমরে মরার নাম ই কি জীবন? কাউকে কিছু বলতে পারিনা, শূধু  সবার মন যুগিয়ে চলা।এক এক সময় even কার্তিক এর ওপর আমার বিরক্তি আসে, for the simple reason that অদূর ভবিষ্যতে আমি আমাদের সম্পর্কের কোনো culmination দেখতে পাইনা। আবার ভাবি, আমার তো ওকে বোঝা উচিত? কোন ঘরপোড়া গরু না সিঁদুরে মেঘ দেখলে ডরায়? He has come a long way from where he was. I should appreciate this. কিন্তু বাঁচার এত চূড়ান্ত খিদে, যে এক মুহুর্তে সব কিছু পেতে চাই। সব কিছু যা এতদিন নাগালের বাইরে ছিল। কোনদিন ভাবিওনি যে নাগাল পাব। তাই এত কাছে এসে আর তর সয়না যেন।একটা অচেনা অস্তিরতা, সারাদিন শান্তি পেতে দেয়না। তারপর আমি নিজে নিজেকে বলি, আমি যে এতগুলো criteria রেখেছিলাম, তার মধ্যে কিছু হয়তো বাদ দেওয়া যায়, আবার কিছু একেবারেই যায়না। সম্পর্কের স্বচ্ছতা was one such criteria. I wanted transparency at any cost. At least from my end. I cannot bear to be in a relationship without being candid about myself. জীবনটা খুব জটীল মনে হয় এক এক সময়। বুঝে পাইনা, কি করব, কোথায় যাব। এই অনিশ্চয়তা আর ভালো লাগেনা। একটা কিছু পরিবর্তন আসুক।এই ক্লান্তি দূর হোক। স্থিতির বড় প্রয়োজন।

নিজেকে বলতে চাই যে আমি ওকে খুব ভালোবাসি, বলতে চাই, সুমনের ভাষায় যে তোমার তুলনা আমি খুঁজিনা কখনো, বহু ব্যবহার  করা কোনো উপমায়...কিন্তু মনে এতই দ্বিধা দ্বন্দ - যে প্রাণ খুলে ওকে গ্রহণ করতে পারিনা। আমি কতবার বলেছি, এমন সময় এসনা যখন খুব দেরী হয়ে যাবে। কখনো কি ভেবেছি যে আমি নিজেও হয়তো অনেকটা সময় নষ্ট করে ওর জীবনে আসবো? ঈশ্বর বড়ই কৌতুক প্রিয় :) But as I said, enough is enough now, and it is high time for stability...which I guess, both of us deserve and have earned it the toughest way. Please, don't deny it to us anymore...is my only plea...

No comments: