Friday, July 13, 2012

16 weeks...

I don't know what made me so so happy last night. I have been experiencing bouts of happiness now and again all through this week, but yesterday night in particular crossed all levels of my imagination. Yes, you heard it right, I never imagined I, in this life of mine, can ever be happy to this extent.

I have only heard so long about the joy of reunion after a long separation. I never felt I'd love someone to the extent that I won't be able to live without him. I used to think I have loved several people in my life, and know all about the feelings in love. And now, love is entirely redefined for me.

Love is not when you can let go. No...love is when, your life doesn't remain a life even in the vegetable state without that person. You can only coexist or cease to exist. When he scolds you, you feel he is kissing you. When you quarrel, you feel you are actually playing. You know that you can misunderstand him, but he won't. And if he starts misunderstanding, you have regained your calm by then. Somehow, through thick and thin, the relationship lingers. Nothing ever breaks down again. If it breaks down, you together rearrange the pieces and put things together. It is a fun life to be in love.

When he dropped me at home on 31st March night, I didn't know that it will be 16 weeks that would have passed by before I'd see him again. And I didn't know I'd miss him to this extent. I had thought survival would be possible, detachment would be possible. Living alone would be possible, as it has been when the earlier guys had ditched me. I didn't know he'd become my life.

Last night, I guess the happiness I discovered, was the first real happiness I ever got in life. I don't need anything else in life if I have this gentleman caring for me for the rest of my life, in the way he does now :)

No comments: