Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How life changes...

I remember a scene from an insignificant movie called "Bichhoo". The girl is crying, the guy asks why? The girl says, "Ghar parivar yaad aa rahe hain"...the guy says "Arre pagli, ab main hi tera ghar hoon, main hi tera parivar".

I didn't have any intention to talk with him again. But still, I found myself writing him a rather wooden kind of mail, to congratulate him on his 10 years' service anniversary. And I was surprised to find myself happy, and proud. I was almost beaming. In due course of time, a reply also came, equally wooden. And I finally blurted out to Boo. From morning I was trying to tell him, he was not interested. He heard, and didn't react or say anything, just listened, and then went on with his work. But I could distinctly hear, "Arre pagli, ab main hi tera ghar hoon, main hi tera parivar".

He replied wooden, doesn't surprise me. Our love story is history now. And in our love story, he had very little "love" to contribute, all he had was "care". But me? A girl who broke all existing bondage, vowed to remain unmarried and love him unconditionally, who considered his son as her own kid, how can the equation change so much for her?

Last September only it was right, when I was so swept with emotion when he pinged almost after a year? Half an October, and half a November of love, followed by months of uncertainly and fruitless talks, numerous ego issues, infinite hurt, fights, and bruises later, I realize, he hardly means anything to me. Because, hurt, fights and bruises apart, there is the caramel popcorn, there is the musk melon juice from the same glass, there are the getting drunk evenings and candlelight dinners, which has quite quite changed my life. I have someone, to whom, I mean a lot. Touch wood!!!

No comments: