Saturday, June 23, 2012

The healing touch...

I guess I had once put up this translation of a Tagore's song on my blog. I don't know...at times I feel it is a very outrageous thing to do. I am not experienced in any way. I don't know how to sing, I sing out of my own feelings, I was never trained. I am not too good in English. I am just being initiated to Rabindra Sangeet. In the true sense, just started listening to songs intently very late in my life, apart from Suman's renditions, may be from last year only.

But then again on the other hand, I feel, even if I can reach out to a minute number of people, and let them know about the magic and eloquence of Tagore's verses, which can give them hope in difficult situations, and provide inspiration and an immense sense of serenity - with which one can fight all crises...and...why only that...which can give them ways to express their exuberance in joy....their pride  in success...should I not help them out? I know many people read my blog, I do follow the statistics part, and feel happy that I am touching lives in some way...my never ending saga of frustration and agony might not be such a dreadful thing to someone who seeks some example of suffering to console oneself against the bad times one is going through.

Anyways my blogs are becoming a copy paste affair of my mails to Boo. At times I translate Tagore's songs to Boo. In fact, whatever songs I have translated so far, I have done for him only. It is beneficial to have someone in life who is not identical to you in every respect...you get to know things in  his arena, and give him a bit of yourself. So...as a start, I shall share my translation for "Aamar Praner Pare Chole Galo Ke". Once we reconciled after the last fight (to me it was crucial, don't know about him...according to my principles - he talked with me means he has some dedication towards me, without asking further questions, I am happy about that) I translated it for him...needed to tell him what I go through every time he hurts me, when I am scared that I shall lose him...

I am also providing a link in youtube for people who want to listen to the song. At the outset, let me clarify, this is only my attempt to reach out to people with Tagore's healing touch. I have benefited from it, I just want to pass it on. There is no other intention whatsoever.




who moved on over my life?
like the spring breeze...
he touched, he bent over, he bloomed hundreds of flowers...
then he left, without saying anything...
where he went? he didn't come back.
while going away...he looked back,
he sang something to me..
so...I am sitting alone in the flower garden
he has flown away like the waves,
he has gone to the land of moonbeams...
whichever way he has passed, 
he left his smile there...
I felt, from the glance in the corner of his eyes, as if he beckoned me also...
but where do I go? ohh...which way to go?
I am sitting alone and thinking...
he has touched the moon and it fell asleep,
he has touched some place in my heart, with a garland of flowers,
from beyond the flower garden, came his words,
and the fragrance of all the flowers followed him and left...
My heart swelled up, my eyes got closed, 
oh which way did he take, where did he go?
who moved on over my life.....?

No comments: