Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mango Madness :)

I spent a very happy day yesterday. I feel compelled to write about it. I really admire Karthik for the kind of person he is. He can wrench out the last bit of life and happiness from any kind of situation. Yesterday it seems as if I had my first ever day long party. I laughed like crazy.

First observation was my sudden decision to cancel the cooking program I made with another friend. That might be because I am basically lazy. I didn't want to walk all the way, for about 3 km and then cook and then again come back after lunch. Karthik made it so much easier. He forbade me to do anything until he arrives. He put up with my overcrowded house (though he seemed a little upset with the extent of disorganization), and my rather lethargic brother who showed his indifference quite clearly. We cooked a simple meal, where I really didn't put any effort at all, and ate happily.

The evening was even funnier. As is my habit, I tried my best to make the situation gloomy, telling the thousand depressing incidents of my life. He made me laugh at the end of each of these anecdotes. I had a laughing draught as if... I simply couldn't stop. For dinner we went to a rather crowded restaurant, since I had chosen the place, I was feeling rather awkward. He just mentioned that he loves observing people, and the rest of the time went past in our discussion and analysis about the people there.

You know what, the world needs more people like him. God bless him. And as for me, I am not a bit repentant that I cancelled the other plans. For once I should stop feeling guilty and depressed about everything. The happiness still lingers :)

I am back to my usual routine of reading today. Reading parallely, some Poirot and some Chicken Soup :) Plan to watch Saat Khoon Maaf, being a great fan of Vishal Bharadwaj. But it needs a lot of patience. I am yet to get back in that mode. The next 3 weeks will be lazy, to say the minimum. I plan to do a lot of things. In a well organized manner. And relax a lot. I know that I still live in chunks. It's ok. I am happy that I shall live at least another month. I was in a nice singing mode yesterday. And all I sing these days are of course, Rabindrasangeet. Like "Gaye aamar pulak lage", "Ektuku chhoya lage", "Aamar mallika boney" :) Don't laugh, it's just like that.

No comments: