Saturday, May 14, 2011

Emni korei jay jadi din jakna...

Couldn't help writing about the latest craze, West Bengal election results. To say the least, the result was inspiring. To the extent that I felt like going back...so that I could, in my own insignificant way, help Mamata-di build up a new Bengal. At least I am not like those "tyash goru" Bangali, who speak of Bangaliana and stay abroad. I love my sweaty, dusty, polluted, accident prone, overcrowded city. I haven't explored much more of Bengal, but I am sure I shall love that equally as much. I want to live with my parents. Teach them to live life, way I have learnt. What is to be gained in regular bickering, clash of words, daily household chores. Discover the subtle delights of life...give back a little to the society...in a day, make at least someone smile...

As of now, like a very selfish person, all I care for, is to make myself smile. Had a blast on Thursday. Had to go over to the other branch of our office to submit some documents. Met up with Smitha during the lunchtime, and shopped and ate and had total fun. After a long long time. Reminded me of the shopping sprees me and Anitha used to have. Yesterday was spent in election result analysis and celebrations. In between, I was given some modification of some flow diagram (they presume I am a multimedia expert)...took about half an hour to do it....and was appreciated and thanked profusely. The "excellent" grade seems to come cheap these days. Believe me, after coming offshore, haven't done any serious work as such. Guess this mood will go on till the time I am back from home. Buying a car is sidelined as of now, but still all in awe about Chevrolet Beat. Wanna get a couple of laptops. One for dad, one for myself. On second thoughts, only one should suffice. I will get one for myself. In August, after I leave, bhai can go and give it to dad. They can use it for a while. If they are comfortable, will get them a new one the next time I come back.

It rained yesterday. In fact its raining for the last two days. Thursday, it rained in the evening. Around 6. Yesterday, in the afternoon. Soon after lunch time. It continued for an hour or two. Luckily I have a window seat this time. Can see a huge old tree, and little bit of the sky. And when the wind hits the window panes, I can feel it. I can hear the raindrops on the glass. Soon after the rain stopped, we went down. Discovered a new bhelpuri walah. Ahh my first chat in 3 months. Spicyyyyyyyyyyyyy....I smelled the wet earth, and ate the bhelpuri....

Getting accustomed to Bangalore. Ganer Opare is accessible from here, though a bit slow. Writing the entry as yet another episode streams. Wish the traffic signal system was a bit more organized in Bangalore. Feel so scared to cross the roads. I can definitely find lesser number of street dogs this time. However I find a new camaraderie among them. A herd of 7-8 doggies sleep on the roadside when I come home, around 8 or 9 in the night. They don't quite sleep, they snooze. Perhaps the intention is to give each other protection. In the morning also, I can find doggies quarreling by the bin side, yet I noticed something wonderful as well, yesterday. Two grown up dogs were feeding from a bin, they gave way to a kid doggy. Absolutely love these gestures.

1 comment:

Seema said...

Accustomed eh? Enjoy maadi :)