Friday, May 6, 2011

Emptiness...

I loved Prague. I don't want to go back. As I was buying souvenirs today, the emptiness suddenly struck me. Had been so so happy in my own world for these three months. The house felt like a home. I could call people. Spent a lot of time in arranging things and keeping the room clean. I cooked as well, regularly that too. Life didn't have much strain. I am never strained by work. If I am ever strained by anything, that is when I do not like my surroundings. Be it a person, or a place.

I have got almost everything I wanted. Even the beer mug miniatures. One I shall keep, one I shall give to dad. Though I never witnessed, I have often heard stories about dad getting drunk :) Dad gave up drinking the day I was born :)

And I got great many chocolates. I am sure and certain dad will like the dark chocolate I got for him, much more than the one Anand got. Was not a bad trip after all. Met new people, saw new places, but most of all, spent some time with myself.


Closing speech now. Main learnings from this tour:
1. Never mock anyone. Only because you feel so, someone doesn't become an object of mockery.
2. It is ok if someone doesn't love you back. If you like loving the person, you get your reward.
3. A clean, airy and well lit room brings about a surge of positivity.
4. Facebook is not the best outlet for your emotions and thoughts. Blog is much better.
5. Be honest, you don't run much risk, because most people like honesty.
6. Accept people the way they are. Everyone is tolerable. Some turn out good.
7. Lousy people are best dealt with when you assume they are non existent.
8. Bengali culture is worth delving, and I still don't know even the smallest fraction of it.
9. Don't try to make everyone happy. If someone is a true friend, love is showered without your asking.
10. Had I been trained in music, I'd have sung really well.

That's about it. Never say good bye :)

3 comments:

Seema said...

And always anticipate happy new beginnings :)

Moni said...

It seems funny that rain and full moon are talking to each other...new beginnings are rare...the art is to extract happiness...from old common things...

Seema said...

Hope, anticipation, looking forward to, miracles = Sustenance :)