Friday, February 26, 2016

Yeh laal ishq...

Obsession is an understatement...I have never heard a more beautiful song...

3 days running I am continuously listening to the song and it has completed a century long back, yet boredom? What does boredom mean?

Me: Mr. Booking Clerk, hello, you doing good?
BC: Doing great ma'am, how are you?
Me: Oh, you remember me is it?
BC: Ya, it is my job to remember my clients...and their preferences. So, where to this time? To the future for a change? ;)
Me: No...the future is scary...
BC: Oh, why do you say that ma'am, the future can be exciting too...
Me: No, not now...in fact, 2004? Possible?
BC: Why go to the past ma'am, I told you you'd be a mere spectator there, you won't be able to change anything...I tell you, don't go, it will only cause more pain. Try the future once.
Me: As if I can change the future...
BC: Did you speak to your best friend? Like I had suggested?
Me: (crying silently) Yes, I did...
BC: Lady, don't cry...so what did you feel after that? Did you or did you not change the future? If not the future, at least the present?
Me: (after considering this for a while) Yes, I guess I did...it was an impossibility - had I not tried, this would have never happened...
BC: (softly) What did he say? How did he react?
Me: He was surprised, and anxious, and I guess happy too...
BC: (with a broad smile on his face) Of course he would be happy, why do you even doubt that? Weren't you happy too?
Me: (eagerly) Oh yes, very...
BC: Shall I tell you something? Going against my job too, mind you...
Me: (nodded yes in an apprehensive way)
BC: Don't go anywhere now, stay in the present for a bit...face it, give it a chance, don't run away...this is not the time to run away...
Me: (breaking into fresh sobs) Why is reality always so different from dreams?
BC: Nobody has stopped you from dreaming lady...you can still dream, about the little bit of good things that reality has...
Me: (fighting to hold back my tears) He...asked me to write...said...I don't know if in a mocking tone, that...that I write well, people might want to read what I write...
BC: And...
Me: And I couldn't tell him, I simply couldn't admit the truth...that all I write these days is about him...why oh why did I take so long to discover my love for him?
BC: Ma'am, there's a group coming up for tickets...don't you lose heart...I am telling you, just keep faith in God's will...
Me: But God will never help me when I am doing something wrong...breaking someone's home...
BC: (with a strange smile) If a home is strong enough it can't be broken, and if it is not, better to break it before it collapses and buries the folks living inside...yes sir, good morning, how may I help you?
Man: How far in the future do I need to travel to see a politics free world?
I smile to myself at this query and silently walk away...what all the booking clerk has to handle...

The song is Romeo and Juliet reincarnated in verses and tune...it will tell you why and when you feel you must die for the sake of your love, there is no other way...

Why did I fight with you? I have never again been myself...
My name is love, your name is love...
This bloodshot love, this tired love, this flawed love, this disagreeing love...
Should I change my name or hide your name?
Should I quench this fire? Become detached and lost in my worship?
All I would do is to love, simply loving you would be my only work...
This bloodshot love, this tired love, this flawed love, this disagreeing love...
Let me embrace this dark night, and this cold moon,
Let me reverse the perpetual differences between day and night...
This bloodshot love, this tired love, this flawed love, this disagreeing love...

No comments: