Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pulse...

So, the girl in my team offered me this unique thingy in the name of a toffee. Ever since I tasted it for the first time, I got instantly addicted...perhaps because finally I have realized, instant addiction is the best way out - if you take time to realize your addiction, it might well be too late...

So nowadays it is pulse all the way...

There are other madness as well...like staying up till late night...wait, that's usual right? No, because I am not getting any sleep at all. First there's this worry about mom's health, and then till recently there was a lot of work in the office too - well, thanks to partly my efficiency and partly to my reluctance to work - I seem to be quite free from the second load now. Mom's also relatively better. I should have slept well last night, but suddenly I got this whim. I must find out if we have ever talked after that infamous phone call...

And where can I look - there's nothing on FB, nothing on Google Plus either, except two solitary invitations. And then I remembered, there's Orkut! Did we talk in Orkut? Was he even in my friend list? I couldn't recollect, but wait, I have a Orkut dump. I gave a search in my tab and located it - but alas, it's a zip file. Now let me tell you - there is this infamous zip file right, where I had once stored my favorite things with a password? Ever since then I could never break that password, so anything zipped up irritates me. And it was already well past 1 o' clock in the night. Who'd go up and take out the Macbook, then start the wifi hotspot, get it connected to the internet, login to Gmail, download the Orkut dump and unzip it? Isn't it far easier to download a zip app? So be it...

So, finally the zip file is unzipped without much fuss, and I happen to start browsing the scraps backwards....the first scrap from him (i.e. the last in chronological order) was around August 2007. I was rather surprised. So...we were actually on speaking terms even after that phone call (where he had said that I am becoming intolerable - that was in 2006 so far as I remember)...

It felt strange...then why did we stop talking? I kept exploring till my head felt like splitting up...why am I doing this and what am I supposed to gain? Why don't I give it a rest? Do I really need to take the pulse of our relationship so many years later? :P


No comments: