Friday, November 21, 2014

Yahoo!



Never ever thought I would write a post with this title… :) In fact the title came first, the post is just a tiny one, trying to explain why! Ok, why? Because, finally after a long time, I found someone. Someone to dream about. Just a placeholder mind you, not real person.

I have this Yahoo id too, ok, apart from my usual Gmail id, i.e. a Yahoo mailbox. Where only junk mails come. I check it like, once in a month, say…The only purpose it serves is – it is connected to some job portals and more importantly, Linkedin.

So love at Linkedin happened. Just kidding. But jokes apart, after a long time, somebody said, wait…let me quote…“a smile which in size is larger than the one in your profile which is looking nice anyways”...and I just had a feeling like...the one mentioned in তুমি সন্ধ্যার মেঘ - দ্রিম দ্রিম দ্রিম এহুম এহুম - I hope you get the intent...

You see, it's been a while since I smiled well. I smiled a lot today. I smiled reading my friend's profile (was he ever a friend? He was just this guy who sat in front of me during exams - or was it behind me...not again please). Forget, it is too much of a confusion. And on second thoughts I am definitely not interested in an America ফেরত know all git...I am quite scared of these good students you know :(

Ok coming back to the smile part, I smiled a lot this evening...I had a reunion with my Master Degree friends. It felt good, I was socializing after you know...it seemed like time immemorial. And then came back and read the so called compliment. It touched a chord somewhere. More than the comment, the tone of it. It was semi mockery, and semi indulgence. It kind of reminded me of the way I had felt when my bossie had famously commented "yah tumne candle waala meri tagline par likhahai" followed by "november ka to pata nahin..october rain started !"...aah those were the days :) :)  I had written some November Rain lyrics in response to something he wrote about speaking one's heart out (can't believe I have actually forgotten things written by my bossie!!!)...I used to maintain a register of his taglines once :( :(

But coming back to the topic - you know...it was like - I could smell the intention of egging me on...come on, say something against this. Which I am thinking I will be taking time to do...if I decide to do at all. It is high time I stop making a fool of myself, and not with my school friends, they are smart, you know.

My best friend - doesn't have a single photo publicly if I give a Google search on his name. Well, I could have just visited his Facebook profile, if I wanted to see him that much, but you see, I felt shy. I got to see a comment he has made on some bridge site (that too when I gave a search with his very old Yahoo ID - it means he still uses it, it also surprised me to see I still know it by heart, though I couldn't recall his land line number, once upon a time I knew that by heart too). I was wondering how it would feel if I would really have a reunion with my best friend too. I guess it is time I give up on him and move to placeholders. No, seriously, am I serious? :) :)

P.S. - How could I forget my bossie's tagline yaar...this is unforgivable. It took me an hour to give random searches and remember it..."A song is no song till you sing it"...at this I wrote..."it is hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain"...

P.P.S. - Ok time to be practical, my IT Return is processed, now only headache remaining is appointing a driver and issuing a new credit card (the old one is about to expire)...but...it felt good man...what he wrote on Linkedin...sigh, good night...(Pupu Ray is a gone case)...Mac Book Pro is dwindling...must go now :)

No comments: