Monday, July 1, 2013

It rained!

On the contrary it didn't. It was quite a dry and boring day - in the morning I really really had to struggle to get an auto - got rejected around 30 times, and I rejected around 10 offers of meter + 20. Finally I had to agree to an offer of meter + 10 (which became meter + 11 - when I counted the change the guy finally returned - but really didn't have the heart to have a row on 1 Rupee). I don't wonder anymore, I am convinced that I don't live in a civilized society. Bangalore is not a civilized place. It is a place where arrogance rules supreme and there is total lack of humbleness. Either there are people traveling in their cars and two wheelers who simply don't respect traffic rules, or there are these wretched so called public transport waale who don't know the minimum decency that their profession demands, and let's not talk about the biggest crook of them all, the BMTC conductors, for whom the overcrowded buses are nothing but coin minting machines. I hate Bangalore, absolutely hate it for its total lack of civic sense and social courtesy. The Southies...in general I hate them...they boast of being so God fearing and all, and everyone is terribly pathetically corrupt - arre I don't worship God with flowers and arti and stuff, I don't pretend in the evening, and start my criminal activities as soon as I open my eyes in the morning - I guess I am much much better off than these dhongis. You feel I'm being one sided? Ask anyone if flower production is more in Bangalore or in Kolkata? Then how come garlands are sold at double price in Bangalore than in my place? Just another example: I have this Titan Raga watch which is jewel studded - I had fixed some lost jewels in Kolkata - the price they took to do the same in Bangalore is exactly 5 times. It is pathetic I tell you - I don't know how this city survives with so much of greed?

As usual I continue to be suffocated in this place. Well it was not as bad as I guessed, vestiges of our friendship do remain...so I had company for lunch and evening snacks. But then, I stuck to my idea, I am not going to step in their private affair...it was a day that went in exploring the usual IBM tools - I have really grown a liking towards this learning bit - it is fun working on tutorials and getting to do hands on coding. Yes I know I am bit too old for all these...but then...my concern is, I should be able to spend my time meaningfully in office. It should add some value in my life.

So...after the downpour of the day's frustration - it is finally time to talk to mom and cool down. My sweet mom, at times she'd say such wonderful things - she is nowadays this avid gardener, and her trees are laden with flowers it seems. She'd painstakingly pluck them, even the ones in the taller branches, for it seems, if she ignores any of them, they'd look at her sadly and plead - won't you let us get our place at the God's temple? And then she'd decorate our tiny place where she keeps her idols, with all the flowers, so that their small life is amply rewarded. My mom's thoughts take away all my depression, all in one tiny moment. God gives such extremely pure thinking very rarely to a human - perhaps my mom is one, perhaps this crazy friend of mine is another - may be that is why I can't look away from them given their 1000 tantrums.

So...why did it rain? When did I say it rained? It was just a cool breeze blowing in the night, as I returned home...and you know...you can't even call it a drizzle, it was kinda dew drops falling like rain...and I suddenly remembered that one furtive stealthy glance that came my way....and I felt a strange feeling of joy - so doubtful, so much full of questions...but happiness alright. For whatever reason it might be, he still needs to look at me?

No comments: