Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Interview pangs - 2

I don't like taking up interviews because I don't like failing in interviews. Failing would be still good, what I absolutely hate is "oh you are so passionate and talented but your skills don't fit our requirement". Had I been a novice it'd have been different, but then at this stage of my career, the intent of this message is so clearly taunting, that it hurts.

I realize all the more how totally it depends on luck that you crack a job interview. Getting a call only is so difficult. Over that, having a 1 hour long interview and then getting to hear that I am not the right fit for this current requirement (how the hell does my potential - that you took an hour to evaluate, matters?) - and I should get back in some time keeps disturbing me. It looks nothing more than a consolation prize. I so need a job...if only to prove to the so called proud people that I am also worth something. Why don't the right circumstances come up?

No comments: