Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Warmth...

As I grow older, I learn to seek happiness in the most insignificant things. Like getting up wheezing on an early November day, 6 in the morning, and feeling the chill in the air. Opening up the windows anyway to let the feeble sunlight come in. And then finding the shawl and wrapping it around myself for the first time in the season. Ah! Warmth...comfort and all that signifies the role of wool in winter. Feeding the dog. Dog's being lazy. He won't get up, I only kneel down and lean in to take the biscuit to his mouth. Dad's shaking the shiuli tree. Flowers come down, but not as plentiful as before. They will be offered to my grandma and her Gods.

For the first time in my life I have understood it. Dream but don't put a precondition that it will be fulfilled. In fact be sure that it won't. Still be happy that you are able to dream...

No comments: