Friday, November 25, 2016

The Demonetization Demons...

On my way to the office, I was keenly observing ATMs today (for survival reasons). Is it normalcy that most ATMs have their shutters down during peak working hours, and others (rather proudly) display a "No Cash" board? ATMs are supposed to be round the clock machines to begin with... How many small shops, (and big shops which wouldn't accept plastic money earlier), cabs, autos and more importantly ambulances have migrated to the electronic system since 9th November? I have a Rs 2000/- note. I give it to my vegetable vendor for the fresh vegetables I have just bought from him (hardly worth Rs 80/-) and demand "change". He glares at me...trying to say - stay hungry, stay foolish :( Ah, till some years back, I used to complain about the BMTC conductors not returning change of 1 or 2 Rupee coins... A PM (you may read as project manager) is supposed to take responsibility if there is any failure in project execution - instead of saying that he has dared to do something, that others before him wouldn't dream of doing. Forget execution, where was the planning? Who am I to say this? I am a common Indian who's suffering, and who has a logical mind that's not easy to influence with emotion/sentiments/drama. I am a project manager myself. I studied management. And I know the software based banking system like the back of my hand. Who are you trying to fool? I miss Raghuram Rajan :( PS - Make defense service compulsory for all Indian citizens, if patriotism has to be mandated (apart from spending money on tall flags). Many countries already have that rule. Don't create soldiers out of the commoners at your own whim, to cover your follies...

No comments: