Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Waste not want not :)

Tell you what, it is an absolutely...crime (not very comfortable using that adjective here...just read between the dots, won't you?) to read a JK Rowling story without paying for it. Well I always make up for it later, read the Harry Potter books also as ebooks first, and later bought each one of them. I even bought a poster book of the chamber of secrets... Casual Vacancy, then the first two Cormoran Strike books...Bombyx Mori :) you know what? Dad had a silkworm cocoon - he'd given it to me - he's this textile engineer no, even used to have his personal jute field in the college campus it seems, one he was required to take care of - learning to cultivate jute was part of the syllabus...only he'd hired a guy to do it for him...

Have spent sleepless nights reading the book...time now to get some long awaited sleep. A complication came up in the morning though...a friend from college wanted my mail id so that she could invite me for her marriage. Now from dependable sources (let's admit facts, from my own ex-boyfriend from the college) I know that she was scheduled to marry that...you know...(why on earth do I feel like swearing so much soon after I have finished adult books by Rowling?)...well you know whom...what the hell, that worthless rot from Mumbai. So, complications, complications. But see if someone’s happy marrying a rotter, does she need my advice? And as to feeling bad, why should I? I can remember my stupidity, curse myself a bit and be done with it. So, I guess I should share my mail id after all. It might or might not be the same guy, hardly matters. People do get compatible with strange people, I don't need to interfere. Wished her well and that should be it.

Well, that's not entirely it, right? :) there goes again - the pink bubble of unforgettable romance...she's late for office and starry eyed, she starts thinking, he'd be there, won't he? They've been colleagues...in fact the dream I had once of meeting him in Europe, that was through some twisted logic of my imagination, because of this girl only. She was in Europe for a long time and they worked in the same company! Because my best friend you see, is not a guy who'd ever leave Calcutta...he'd be fish out of the pond...it was just my romanticism, because I loved the cobbled roads when I was in Prague, and mingled with that were memories of home food we ate in a small Indian food stall in SG, that I had that dream - to eat with him, to walk with him...

God, what mistakes we make in our childhood. I met the guy, was like his shadow for 3.5 years, he even went on to admit to me that in his entire life he's only met one girl who fitted all the bills, and I admitted to him that even for a moment though, I was simply sinking in his love while he kept scolding me for showing off, and after all this I kept bugging him day in and day out to get things right with that stupid ex-boyfriend of mine. Don't get me wrong, he's a good person, this ex guy, one person who's cared to stay in touch, but, my God, is he prejudiced? How could I have ever been crazy enough to want to marry him I don't know. And the Mumbai guy. I accepted his proposal in order not to hurt him, and then he said he didn't like me enough to...to...forget it. I have been stupid all my life and I really deserve this lonely life. No man, I know I'd never meet him again. I shouldn't...I don't deserve to...

No comments: