Friday, December 4, 2015

Feeling happy...HAPPY!

So...haven't been so involved with a movie for a long time now, couldn't even understand well whether I like it or not :) but good or bad, I shall always watch Imtiaz Ali movies... Rajeev Masand's review kind of sums it up perfectly...one reason why I respect him as a reviewer, poor thing felt so emotional you see...

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/movies/review-tamasha-is-an-uneven-film-it-oscillates-between-inventive-and-indulgent-1169530.html-1169530.html

As for me, well, I feel quite crazy and extremely happy. I am continuously listening to "Heer toh badi sad hai ji" on repeat mode...it is such a unique song with such a lot of appeal..."Tum saath ho" had affected me in a different way, but even that goes non stop - my old reverence for the unassuming God of music called A R Rahman :)

So...Heer toh badi mad hai...she ended up doing some research - our Heer wanted to understand some things ;) How many times and in what way is her "he" mentioned in the blog by name, and in what context? ROTFL I am with the results... 5 times only in a span of 9 years - so much consideration na for someone's best friend? But considering it is a not anymore existing friendship, for 10 years now I guess, the things I have written in those entries kind of told me that I am actually not being very mad. I guess for the first time I have listened to my heart. You see love is not quantitative, it's always qualitative...and talking about quantity, what about those where his name's not mentioned, yet he features as the hero?

Can I not find out that blue or brown diary where I'd written him that letter? It'd be such a pleasure to relive that day...and how soon can I leave Kolkata? It doesn't seem to be a safe place for me anymore... I haven't been so happy in ages...it is just not me to be not complaining, not whining, not struck half dead by tragedies...all I am doing is to fly around like a fairy who's sprung new wings...

PS -  There was this guy in college whom I used to call my childhood friend. The guy had been my next door neighbor but we spoke for the first time in college. In our childhood we probably had a fight or two, but never even talked to each other, let alone being friends. So he was exasperated with the idea of being my childhood friend. Thank God it is not that sad a case with my best friend :)

PPS -  Well, in my attempt to understand how exactly I feel about the movie, I practically read up all the review links that came up in Google. Most of them are pompous, half hearted reviews with lame observations (1 song went on for 4 years it seems)...at length, I guess I feel almost like what Masand felt. Honest guy that one, and really understands movies.

No comments: