Thursday, December 3, 2015

Freedom...feels good...

How I love the Kolkata winter...who won't? I mean which moron on earth won't? If only I'd know the difference between push and pull...and right and left, sigh, sigh...I always seem to get mixed up about that :( In the interval during the movie I had come out to drink some water, and then I couldn't open the door with all my might. And then I inquiringly looked at a gentleman there, and he, trying his best to suppress his chuckle, said, it's PULL ma'am :( :(

I won't talk about the movie, I'd talk about the freedom. Freedom to go watch a movie early in the morning, and then take public transport to reach office. Oh, how good does half a day's release from monotony feel like! Oh, how lovingly I breathed in the diesel smoke...and then, then, when a couple of buses had screeched to a halt in the bus stop where I was waiting, and kept saying...saying...you know... শ্যামবাজার, খান্না...why, I could hardly resist myself from boarding the bus. I hate to feel negative but I have to probably repeat to myself, that he is NOT interested...but right at that moment I felt so happy hearing about that destination, in the softly embracing winter breeze, that for the first time in my life, I took out my tab in public and started writing this entry!

The movie was, good? Not extremely good, actually...self actualization could have been shown in a better way...but, you know what, my...he...was like that, used to be like that...it kind of saddens me to imagine him going to the office everyday...or doing any routine job for that matter...my...he...doing a struggle for existence is really hard to imagine...

At least I felt good after a long time...though I felt that Bangalore theaters were better, there were some hooligans in the theater, no...really, not a joke...those college guys who go for the cheapest show to make a lot of noise...they targeted a couple too...who went and complained, and a guy from the management came up and gave a lot of sermons to them, which didn't improve the conditions much...in my experience, weaklings don't like to be admonished, and make even more protestations, but that was ok...I didn't need to be afraid of anybody. I was telling myself, not unkindly, so this is life, watching romantic movies alone...because real romance won't happen in my life, and I can't ever let go of its hope and settle for cooked up thingies...I am better off being lovelorn than being in an arranged marriage where the guy just might turn out to be like my very worst nightmare...and anyways, even that's not gonna happen as I am too old...this is the birthday month remember?

No comments: