Saturday, December 5, 2015

The time travel...

Booking Clerk: Yes ma'am, how can I help you?
Me: I...want to book a ticket...
BC: Sure, past or future?
Me: (waving my hands impatiently) Past, past...who'd want to go to the future?
BC: (surprised) That's what most of them want, apparently...(after some thoughtful pause) So...when in the past?
Me: 1998? Wait, can I specify the month?
BC: Yes, you can even specify the exact moment - but that would take us at least 3 months to fine tune the program and err...that'd be expensive too...(suddenly apologetic) I didn't mean...
Me: To say that I look poor? But I do, I am not a rich person...but you know what? More than that I'm restless. I am so restless that if you don't know the spelling of restless you can look at my face and learn it...
BC: (to himself) Probably she's crazy too, must have been freshly released from the asylum...
Me: (louder and more impatient) 1999
BC: Pardon?
Me: One ticket to 1999 please...
BC: For how long?
Me: Pardon?
BC:  (irritated now) Ma'am, just how long do you intend to stay in 1999?
Me: Excuse me, I am not returning back...
BC: Lady, surely you know that that's not allowed? We have to maintain the maximum allowed population at a given point in time, we need to stay invisible and we cannot impact history. These are the three basic rules for time travel in the past...
Me: Then I would be just a spectator... Can I... Can I not even talk with him?
BC: With whom?
Me: My best friend.
BC: (brooding a bit) I am sorry... must have died young... 1999 is just 16 years back... I have to hear such things every single day - devastates your life in a single moment no? Such untimely deaths...
Me: (in a suspicious voice) Who died?
BC: Your best friend?
Me: (angry now) Who on earth told you this? He's very much alive...
BC: (in a stupid voice) Then...why do you want to time travel to talk with him, you can just call up, right?

No comments: