Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Walking in chappals :)

In an altogether happy mood that I am experiencing these days, I want to write here "all is well" :)

As I said, it'd have hardly mattered whom my friend was marrying, but still had she married that particular guy who I know is worthless, I would have probably felt guilty had something gone wrong in the future,that I refrained from telling her the truth. But it is not that guy. Thank God for that...

This friend of mine is a really good girl, only I have never liked her for a strange reason, she got into the college through management quota...her dad had nothing to do with the management though...you know it's the usual route of paying money for her admission, because she had a rich dad.  And my dad used to really struggle even to pay the legitimate fees for the regular seat I had got, which was hardly 1/20th of her expense. She was just rich, very rich - and that was my first realization that rich people get things very easily even though they don't always deserve those.

So you see, now that I am rich too, I know that money still can't buy everything. Those dark resentments of childhood have almost died down. I can't act, so had she been marrying that terrible guy, I still couldn't bring myself up to saying God bless and all, but this time I did. I have always been transparent to her, have always told her openly how I feel about getting a seat through money and not merit, and she has feebly tried to argue that she'd gotten chance in one of the best private colleges in India, had a valid rank there, only the communication got goofed up a bit and she couldn't get admitted there in time. Well, seeing that she's done quite well for herself afterwards, I just let go of my ego and reached out for her friendship...

Am I going to the marriage? No... I don't want to compromise with my unsocial mind set. And I don't want to meet my best friend through a situation that I have brought about. If it ever happens in this life, it has to happen naturally, accidentally...

Had the two chappal dream :) chappal you don't know? Cheap sandals worn by the bengali intelligentsia (ROTFL) I am so sure that if we ever meet and rediscover each other, we'd walk for hours in our chappals, his black, mine red...(it's actually mom's...I buy slightly more fashionable shoes these days)...

Oh, how my heart melts off like ice cream at such thoughts of him :)

Oh oh and oh... I am finally going for Tamasha tomorrow, early morning show, then I go to office from there. Can't help, that was the cheapest ticket. Going alone too, probably the first time after ইতি মৃণালিনী...just had to give in to this craze amid this ongoing romance :)

No comments: