Thursday, December 11, 2014

A good night :)

I don't know if truth is stranger or steadier than fiction, but truth has its own troubles. A girl like me would rather comfortably stay on in her dream world instead of venturing out to meet truth. The dream world makes me feel comfortable and happy and excited - it has just the right ingredients, because I have created them. The problem occurs when your day dreaming and actual dreaming (in your sleep or stupor when you are really tired) clash. Today my actual dream scared me. It gave me a jolt...the heart skipped a beat, I stretched and cuddled under my blanket...it was a happy but uncanny feeling. Is it really going to happen? Am I even ready for it?

I don't even want to describe my current state of complete bliss. The only things bothering me, don't concern me or my immediate world. They comprise of unyielding selfish brutes whom I don't have much patience for. They may spoil my peace of mind, but won't gain anything for themselves. But then there are good people too. The world is a right mix. Who am I to dictate what is right and what is wrong? Haven't I done wrong things myself?

Today I did a strange thing. Towards the end of my evening prayers, I prayed a bit asking something for myself. All these days, this is something I have never done. I am no saint, but I never pray for myself. Not after those innocent childhood days when I'd keep on saying "কিকা দাদাকে ফিরিয়ে দিও..." a wish God never fulfilled. I have no idea if He'd care to keep this wish of mine.

No comments: