Sunday, January 26, 2014

Monologues again...

No, I didn't get the job. And no, I am not depressed. The reason is simple. Neither was I disqualified (you know that MNC style "cannot appear for interview for the next six to nine months" - which is often called cooling period in style - much like the visa related term). Why? Because they are a large company, they can afford to tell me that my profile doesn't match their opening. They did ask me a couple of questions though, quite reluctantly, and mostly on my insistence. And I answered then as best as I could. But still, they were not comfortable giving me the job. Now God only knows when a profile match will happen.

And no, I didn't meet my best friend there. Though I was half astonished finding myself day dreaming that I'd meet him somehow. And if you'll believe me, in that day dream, it was I who called out to him - and he was startled, and happy, and warm...but let that be...we didn't meet, and that's it. Thankfully I didn't meet anyone else too from the college gang...

Well, you know what? Besides this, my so called new found love also got married. So end of that love story too.

And when I call some friends to discuss all this failure after failure, their advice is always, "go back to Bangalore". Man, how many times do I tell that "Bangalore sucks". That city's got nothing to offer me except money, and I really don't need money that much. I am single person with very little demands from life. Ya, if I start thinking about future, you know, if I get married, if I have a kid, then this gap in service will be crucial. You see, I might not be able to get back my old esteem then, and God knows that I want to give my child the very best upbringing possible. But see, if I happen to think about that kind of future, I should also think about its equally probable negative counterpart, i.e. I simply become a manic depressed person living all alone in Bangalore - the city which has only stale memories to offer me - that which can only kill me more. No, I can't let that happen too. I have always been my own doctor, and I know myself. This life is better for me. I am not extremely ambitious. I was not born that way. But yes, once thrown into competition, I try to get to the top. Which self respecting person doesn't? But if I know myself well, I can live a plain life as well. I don't want to go away leaving my parents, leaving my house. Call it madness, but I have to do what my heart desires. Yes, I also understand that my heart doesn't desire an idle life. We have to find some solution to that. 

No comments: