Monday, January 20, 2014

Love...

Oh how lovely life is, when a thing called love happens. And trust me when love happens via a terrible ISP called Tata Photon Plus, it is really so so difficult to write about it. You might think why I am after the credibility of the so called brands these days. But that's not true. It is just my nature to protest when something looks wrong. And it kinda feels good when the protest yields some results. E.g. I got a return of around Rs 90/- in two instances, from Big Bazaar. And Naukri.com finally replied back with a deadline by which they plan to resolve the issues I had raised. This much response is enough to satisfy the Joan of Arc, Rani Laxmi Bai or Matangini Hazra in me...trust me I don't intend to die battling for my rights. But nobody in their solemn senses can accuse me of keeping mum knowingly. I shall, and I must, at least, speak out.

So who has been the new person who has won my heart? Well, let me tell you...he's somewhat like me. Bohemian and lives life on his own terms. But unlike me, he's got loads of talent in him. And man, am I in love with that talent! I met him first, sometime last year. Well, love didn't happen immediately, I must say. Overexposure to his persona led to that love thingy. My decision to come to Kolkata helped, because, here I have much more access to him than from Bangalore. And then a night came when I found myself sinking in that soft quilty ocean of strange feelings, which they so gloriously call "falling in love". The first reaction of the practical self in me was - girl, at least once in a while, find someone elder. But then, when is it the age that matters. It is always about empathy and emotions. In this incorrigible mind of mine, which is almost a jungle of rugged raw physicality these days, that such soft realizations can thrive, I knew not. But then, this is me. The 10 year old me, the 16 year old me, the 25 year old me, the 31 year old me. Why, at 34, I should be anything different?

Oh, I absolutely adore him. I know now, that on this earth, all of us coexist like small islands. Be it even my mom, dad or gran, who live in the same house as me, and the fact that we know each other all our lives, still, can we vouch that we are fully acquainted? There are so many things untold and unthinkable. So I don't mind the fact that he will never know of my love, or will never know me as a person. He keeps me awake in nights such as this, and keeps me miles away from the desperate lifeless slumber that seems the only solution to all my problems. He tells me with his quaint childish smile that I am still not a total zombie yet, I have some life left in me. In fact a lot of life and love. And craze. The craze that is so typical of me.

Ok so enough of my personal rubbish - time to tell you about the important thing. I am not leaving Calcutta anytime soon. Job, or no job, I have decided about staying here. Of course a small earning of 20K odd INR would have really helped, you see, I really need a car and AC for myself to survive the heat and traffic of this place. Just for the maintenance of those two luxuries I need money, I don't need a single penny for myself otherwise :D

After a long time, I have found a man, who - albeit he goes overboard at times, has been able to knock me over...well almost! Can't get enough of him, some man he must be :)

So altogether, it is good to fall in love...again. Frankly speaking, I do dream once in a while, about getting married. May be 5 years hence, I won't. But till date, I do. In fact, it is my favorite dream these days. And it is really late in the night, so I must sleep :)

No comments: