Sunday, June 9, 2013

Trodden paths...

At times I realize that it has been a long time in Bangalore. Way being to some place after a long time reminds you of some long forgotten memories...and you exclaim, oh, there has been that time too.

It happened to me today in Jayanagar 9th block. It transported me in time, back to 2005-2006. Yes, it has changed a lot, with the malls and all...but then, some things don't change na? I could almost see myself, as I was then - thinner, prettier, and full of energy, roaming around with Anand or my roomies, shopping, having food, merry making on the whole. I was excitedly telling my brother, this is the parlor we used to visit, this is my tailoring shop, this is the shop from where I'd get Anand's birthday gifts, ya, we got my engagement ring from somewhere here...

I had almost forgotten that episode of my life. That episode which belonged to an almost normal girl, who has friends, a boyfriend, a nice job and is planning to settle down soon. Not that Bangalore Central or Inox doesn't remind me of Boo Boo, it does, probably it makes me more pensive than these very old memories, for these, almost surprised me. Being full of sorrow is one thing, you tend to get habituated to your condition. What looks strange is the discovery that I used to be someone different at some point in time.

Well, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani was good, but nothing compared to Wake Up Sid...it was simply what it should be when it is a Karan Johar production. I enjoyed it all the same (well who doesn't know how much I enjoy KJo movies). Thankfully my mind which keeps concentrating on finding links, didn't for once remember Ranbir Kapoor's previous release (even when the topic came up during dinner tonight, and I was reminded by my brother, about Barfi, all I thought was, thank God I get to enjoy my movies these days - I didn't really let 29th September bother me, except for that fact that watching it with Boo rather spoiled the fun and concentration). All my mind inadvertently did, while watching YJWD was, to speculate what kind of a charmer come womanizer this gentleman must be in real life as well, to play it so well in reel life :P He should be giving lessons on "being natural with your ex". Do I sound bitter? No, I am not. I am just not  bothered - I have learnt not to look back.

So the date has been decided and accepted finally. A matter of months, and I'd be going back...just wanna spend the last few days in this city peacefully and happily. People at office are speculating a lot, even including cheapo discussions about whether my resignation was all a gimmick to negotiate more salary - as if I have any dearth of money. People don't understand, that after what I have lost, money is the least of my worries, in fact it just doesn't matter. And I am not one who negotiates in that manner. I am brave enough to demand. Anyways let's forget things that don't matter, I have work for 3.5 more months, that itself makes me happy. Health is also getting better, so it is late Saturday night, and time to sleep.

No comments: