Saturday, August 4, 2012

Interview pangs

Well...Boo calls it a reality check. That I keep appearing for interviews with some or the other company occasionally. But to me, all it means is a lot of tension beforehand and a lot of depression afterwards. I can't handle rejection...may be that's the problem. Despite having such an impressive CV, perhaps my too transparent mind is to be blamed, which prefers putting out my weak cards on the table too, and then, the first failure to respond, and the first hint of taunt from the interviewer hurts my perfectionism. Ohh why on earth don't I know everything on earth?

But funny thing is...when situation worsens, you feel less desperate. Last time when I had taken the interview with a major banking product brand, I felt as if this is my last straw. After a couple of weeks of waiting and no intimation, I even went to the extent of dropping a mail to them asking about the result. Then a stupid thing happened. I got another call from the same company. I patiently explained to them that I have already appeared for an interview and awaiting results, and they said, no problem, send us your CV again. Wow :)
At length I was glad that I at least have a job and a good enough monthly salary.

Ya you do feel you are not good enough, you feel angry about the person sitting opposite to you who acts as if he has all the power on earth, and keeps sms'ing while you are trying to talk, and appears disinterested, but then after a brief period of feeling sad, I decided, it is good only. Only thing I want at this point in time, in my life, is to get married to Boo. I am ok about leaving my job and being a housewife for a while, if not that, then working together on the same project. Anything, so long as I get to stay near him. He's become too dear to me over the years. Nowadays, he comes first :) In fact, even he was concerned about whether it'd be prudent to take up a new role now, which involves a lot of travel. And I was glad he said that. May be, just may be, he too feels the same... 

No comments: