Thursday, April 28, 2016

The torment called "love song"...

Me: Hello brother...
BC: But you are against anything remotely related to Salman Khan, right?
Me: (Chuckling) Nah, nothing whatsoever against the one from Khan Academy...
(We two laugh aloud)
BC: So? Planning to give me some business finally?
Me: Hello, it's not your business, you are just a booking clerk - you must be getting a salary right?
BC: (Amused) Says who? Do I convince people and advise them for nothing? I'm the marketing manager of the venture...
Me: Ya, ya...now he assumes Ranbir's role from Tamasha....man, manager and all is boring, booking clerk is so sexy :)
BC: (Blushing a little) So, no luck, eh?
Me: (With wide eyes) Man, you a fortune teller or what?
BC: (In between bouts of laughter) Lady, it's simple right? You wouldn't be hitting on me otherwise...
Me: Get lost...as if...
BC: (Suddenly serious) Frustrated?
Me: (Unmindful) Nah, I never really wanted to break someone's home you know...
BC: (Silently) Yeah, I know...damn, you ok?
Me: I am great...simply out of the world...
BC: And?
Me: I watch movies, sleep stretched on my bed, read up things once in a while...
BC: Watch movies till my eyes burn, sleep in a dirty bed I don't bother to clean, read up stuff he said he's reading...
Me: Correction, what he said he's bought from the book fair, not sure how much he's read them...(suddenly alert) but how do you know man? You stalking me or him?
BC: Just using my machine baby...
Me: Baby?
BC: (With warning eyes)...don't fall for me, I am not trustworthy, will disappear anytime...
Me: Hello, this is going too far, you know right, I shall never fall in love again in this life...
BC: Yes ma'am, and that's why you can't bear to listen to your favorite love songs...you just listen to "the lion sleeps tonight"...
Me: No...I force myself to listen...coax myself almost...just this once...never again...I play "Laal Ishq" and before it's over I put it in loop as well (can't really help that)...but that's very very rare, I am repulsed and apprehensive almost all the time, with anything to do with that life...
BC: And what happens when you do manage to force yourself?
Me: I feel like writing our story...
BC: Your and his?
Me: Your and mine...
BC: Don't honey, I don't really exist, you are smart enough to know that...I can't be of any help...
Me: I don't love anymore to seek help...you know that I can handle my life now...I don't need anybody...
BC: Yet you want to write our story?
Me: (With bright shining eyes) Don't you see? That's the only way you can be made to exist...outside this stupid time machine of yours...
BC: Correction love, it's "our" time machine...not only mine...you want a proof? Here's a free ticket to
Me: (Tearing up the tickets) I don't want your moronic machine, understand? (Shouting at the top of my voice) Bloody thing will keep me forever suspended in a non existent time...
"Laal Ishq" stops playing...no love song, no story, time to sleep...

No comments: