Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The fighting spirit and the romance in between...

লড়াই লড়াই লড়াই চাই,

লড়াই করে বাঁচতে চাই|

Never heard this before? Oh, come over to our University any day, you'd find some or the other procession on its way, chanting this super cool mantra...it basically means -

I wanna fight fight fight more,

I wanna live this life fighting...

That's what I do. I love fighting. And then you see, I have this "struggling" life no? Something or the other simply comes up and I have to fight. Like last night, I suddenly discovered 50 bucks missing from my tab balance. Net pack was getting low, I had to recharge...and then on exploring I was told that I have requested download of some VIP games pack...that too two days back...excuse me? Well, I was tired last night. I am bored of life in general these days. I really didn't feel like fighting more. I had no mind of calling up Vodafone that late at night. I just stopped the services, else they were all set to debit 50 Rs. per fortnight it seems. In the morning when I woke up I told myself what's there in 50 bucks? Just let go of it, I really didn't have the mind to bicker anymore - get into hearing long winded explanations/lectures/sermons on what really happened, how I should be more careful with my hand movements on the touch screen, and how, now that it is already past 24 hours, it is nearly impossible for them to reverse the charges. You know, in short, I hate being witness to myself in the process of fighting. Today, after I had woken up properly and had a light breakfast, and before I'd take my bath, I decided to call up. I had given up even before I'd started the fight. But to my surprise, the ordeal went really well - a lady picked up the call and spoke extremely politely, readily took down a service request and said that the charges would be reversed within the next two hours. It seemed to good to be true and in my ecstasy of not being goaded to fight, I forgot to ask the service request number - it'd come in an SMS anyways. I was apprehensive once I discovered that no SMS has come. Two hours went by, no charge reversal. I called 198 again. Welcome Vodafone retailer - it said!!!???&$%@???Just so that I don't call again and follow up, they had somehow managed to block my access to the entire complaint menu :( :O But man, they don't know me. I don't take insult, defeat, falsehood, breach of trust or promise lying down. I called from my other Vodafone number. CIF ID, why don't they maintain CIF ID man? Why to blame Vodafone when I have 3 accounts with SBI with three different CIF IDs? They have no way of interconnecting different accounts of the same customer and hence they picked up my call...and then the nonsense began.

V: "Ma'am, 24 hours gone we can't reverse the charges..." blah blah blah...

Me: "If that's the case should you not have mentioned in the first call itself? Can you step back from something that was already committed? And should you have blocked my access to the complaint number - tell me?"

They soon understood I won't give up on this and refund followed soon. I just hope my doggedness didn't cost the polite lady her job...

What? You think fight was over? Soon it was another unknown number calling. 

Me: Hello...

Unknown Man: Ma'am I am calling from Bharat Matrimony, you logged in your profile yesterday...

Me: Can you please stop following my personal activities. Every time I login someone from your office calls up to cross check and disturb me? You shouldn't intrude into someone's personal space and I don't have any update to give you about my groom preferences...blah blah blah...thank you...

Crap man, reminds me of what dad says every now and then - she's old and unmarried, so she tends to stay irritated...

I don't blame the heat, neither do I blame my ever-agitated state of mind and regular worries. I'm just made like that, God's made me this way...I can't give up without fighting...moreover I'm an intelligent and observant girl, it's not easy to dupe me or take me for a ride (though on the flip side I'm very very trusting and gullible - but then, that's a different story...)

So...to end, yeah, the summer's oppressive, but (going the narcissist way once more) I look cool, see? Quite a fashionista even in this sweltering heat... 

And yes, answer to the million dollar question - if not the bear, then who? Short and sweet - him...have always loved him, haven't I? :P Come on...leave some bit of my romance intact, else how am I supposed to live the rest of my life? 


No comments: