Friday, April 8, 2016

Freedom and ego...

Delhi was a disastrous experience but I am going to watch Kapoor and Sons now. Particularly harrowing was the denial by the hotel receptionist to entertain my online booking. Moon Dada had faced it when he went to Delhi for his INA interview. He actually had to hear comments like "kahaan kahaan se Delhi chale aate hai?" The current rebel in me would have retorted "kyon be saala Delhi pe tere baap ka raaj hai kya?" but I was then just a kid. I would widen my already bulging eyes and think about how people could be this rude? It took me another 20 years to experience the rudeness myself.

But Delhi too has its share of good people. The driver of my cab took me to another hotel. Although for almost all of the two days that I stayed in that hotel I kept wondering and getting scared about whether there are hidden cameras or if someone would break into my room...I finally survived and got back home scratch free, but Delhi this time was not a happy experience, I tell you...

I love the way I vent out my emotions. I also love the time when I start considering about leaving my job one more time. At length, come what may, my ego should win and my freedom should remain intact. Else life's no life. Pity the people who were born human but chose to crawl about like a reptile. Ok...back to the movie then...

No comments: