Saturday, November 28, 2015

Book:Hangover - Coffee:Medicine :)

I like the smell of coffee - that strong and rejuvenating whiff... And I like old memories. I was watching a debate today on the television - fortunately my family is one of those rare ones which has no patience for mega serials...we mostly watch music, news and sports. So in that debate someone spoke of গান্ধর্বী... 


I like my coffee strong and bitter, slightly bitter, at times that slight twang of bitterness is all that matters, makes a difference, instantly makes you feel better. But it shouldn't be very hot mind you, I categorically don't like steaming hot beverages. Only a hard core coffee fanatic won't call me a nutcase. But tell me, isn't the concept of aftertaste interesting? The aftertaste of a banana for example...having lived in South India for so long, I often feel like having a banana at the end of my meal...don't you feel it has a very distinct aftertaste?

I know I am being delirious. Have been at Career of Evil all night, slept throughout most of the daytime, got a headache, took an untimely bath in the evening just to cure it, and don't really feel any better. 

I still continue reading though, just thought it is absolutely important to write here that I loved reading গান্ধর্বী as a dreamy eyed teenager, and wanted to gift it to the man I'd be marrying, so that he could understand how I feel about a relationship of love... 

Today is indeed a day of rediscovering old memories - found the bottle of Bernard beer - which was a gift from my Czech colleague. Empty, dusty yet so full of the typical feel good factor associated with happy old days. I am happy here trying to live, to get a life that doesn't harm anyone in order to sustain itself... I live for my self-contained life in my own way... 

No comments: