Friday, April 4, 2014

A beautiful dream...

Today I woke up in an unimaginably happy state of mind. I knew very well that what I dreamed was pure dream with no bit of reality involved with it...still the only thing that mattered was my ease of coexistence with my best friend (I hate to write the "once upon a time" bit, but that remains the biggest truth of all). I don't remember the dream exactly - only the fact that I ended up visiting him, as for some reason I had been to his locality. Now, frankly, in reality it would be impossible for me to recognize his house even if I am at the next door - I have been there just once and the place is extremely confusing. But then, hello, the dream place was definitely not north Calcutta. In fact it had typical stretches resembling Austria. I found myself telling him - see that dome there looks like Vienna University (frankly I don't remember if Vienna University had a dome or some other architecture, I just remember taking a photo with a statue in a thinking pose). He was his usual self, making fun of me all the time, like when I was scared to cross the road. But he helped me all the same. He mocked at my lack of geographical sense - I remember bits and pieces when he had a crooked smile on as I was explaining to him how I ended up in his locality (so from Maniktala to Shyambazar you came by a bus of xyz route - he'd say in such a way as if that route never existed or the bus didn't go to either of the two areas). The dream was shifting from a room to a road to a tram line - and I remember seeing my brother somewhere, as it seemed, I had kept him waiting somewhere nearby and been visiting my friend alone - whence he volunteered to go and meet my brother (again, in reality, this is my only friend in my entire life time, with whom my brother got on well). When inside the room, I really don't remember if we cuddled, or we were sitting normally beside each other, and that very much felt like cuddling. 

When I woke up, I was like...no I really don't want to wake up. I want to remain in the dream. I don't know why I ever let him go. If I love him to this extent, why did I never express? Why did I never realize? Now, there is no hope, he being married and with a kid, and we not being on speaking terms for what - 10 years...

But then, I just remember way we used to walk together, I remember his thin lanky figure (does he still smoke like a chimney?) - I don't know, after the dream, for a long long stretch of time, I just couldn't stop loving him. I wondered what triggered the dream? All I had done last evening was listening to the new version of "har kisiko nahi milta yahan pyaar zindagi mein" by Arijit Singh a couple of times, and watching the last two episodes of Satyamev Jayate that I missed because of my sudden busy schedule. Finally I remember falling asleep out of fatigue - this time I ignored even my medicines...well I got my medicine alright in my dream - don't remember being this delighted in time immemorial. 

What else? No update from the MNC, and in fact I read up in the net that they have this habit of rejecting people even after HR discussions have taken place. I don't know...this is such a country where you can't protest. Everyone is corrupted. I don't mind...I will survive anyways. Should I really believe in luck then? All astrologers have told me I would never get a job in Kolkata...will superstition win over will power then?

No comments: