Monday, October 22, 2012

My friends and my extended Punjabi family...

Well...Punjabi has always been my next most favorite Indian language after Bengali and Bihari Hindi...all thanks to the Yash Chopra movies may be (Tussi ja raheho? Tussi na jao...Ek gal dassan?) - whatever it is, there is a certain sweetness and mitti ki khusboo in the language (way you find in the East Bengal version of Bengali, i.e. Bangal Bhasha).

Well, there are times when you don't see any light in any direction. It is sheer darkness that engulfs you. Yes, the last couple of weeks have been like that...

So what did I get from my difficult time? Unrelenting support from my friends. I saw them break down more than me during my crisis period. Trust me, never thought it is humanly possible in today's selfish era. Oh a Sagittarian never takes it lightly when her dreams are crushed, when a person she has trusted, breaks her heart. Somehow, since I know Boo and his idiosyncrasies only too well, I could take the blows better than my Sagittarian friend. The Cancerian was devastated in a way, and unable to put up with my still hopeful nature, she decided to leave me alone. But the Scorpio surprised me. She literally stood like a rock beside me. The poor soul, with a 1 year old kid and her own marriage in jitters, she never let me be on my own even for a moment - comforted me and let me cry more, took me to play with her kid and celebrated with me October 15, the one year anniversary of our sweet miracle. Not only she, her entire family helped me out as if I were one of them. "Nahi beta, aisa nahi karte...Salman Khan ne kaha hai...dil se nahi dimaag se kaam lena chahiye" - Salman Khan said it seems :) :)

I call them now my extended Punjabi family. Her dad scolded me, her sister tried to drill in sense in my head, her mom was always welcoming, her aunt tried to give me courage...and the little kid was God personified...his smile and touch would allow me to face the next day.

And on my last evening in Bangalore, I went to the temple with them, saw the aarti and consulted the astrologer. An astrologer who is supposedly a scientist too. And a priest as well. What he told - let it remain with me. Oh when has this girl listened to anybody other than herself?

Whatever has to happen will happen. I know all of that and even then I have taken this decision. Yes I have this immense urge to live. And yes, he IS my life. I have chosen to accept his decision - and I shall be doing that with a smile. I am sure I'd be able to do it...

No comments: