Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Long lazy summer days...

It is quite nice to work from home. The biggest headache is the internet speed. And then the intranet servers are not accessible – creates a lot of difficulty, in times of need. But whatever it be, how else can you get the comfort of tasting mom’s yummy cooking in the lunch time. And how else do you avoid loss of pay, when your leaves are over and you are in no mood to return to Bangalore.
It is a rather lazy time…what with the summer sun glaring, the imminent travel, and the overall lack of direction of life. There’s not much spice also. Today morning, however, I found lot of spice. Firstly with the decision of freezing salary hike by a leading Indian MNC (feel like laughing out aloud - Raavan ishtyle), second was Hate Story.
What to say about the first point...I really didn't know. All I can say is, I quite relished the cribbing of the prisoners, who chose to remain in the prison from where I found a way of escaping. See I am still being body shopped in the name of consultancy. That's the way Indian IT industry works. We can't help it. So why not look for additional comfort and benefits for yourself. Making money is the most important thing at this stage in life, right? Brand value and all won't give me my dinner :) and over that, if I am given flexibility and new responsibilities, and a happy working environment, where I have friends, and where I am more or less appreciated, what else do I want?
Hate Story is a film that arouses my curiosity after a long time. Mainly because of the leading lady. And this tells me, there is a transformation from 2011 September me to 2012 April me. Last year, I was not in a position to appreciate her boldness, I was rather criticizing, or pretending to ignore - ha ha...I still believed in "good girls always go to heaven, bad girls may go anywhere". He has changed my life. Our whirlwind romance is still, by far, the greatest thrill in my life. And then there are other subtle things. One day, we were having lunch in Arsalan (Kolkata biriyani - my favorite). Now as usual, we were observing people around. He saw some Bengali ladies wearing sleeveless. I was wearing a long sleeve kurta that day. He chuckled and said...hiding skin is far more attractive than showing skin. Couple of days I went on like that...then I gave up. Personally I simply love wearing sleeveless dresses. First time after that, I went out with him in a bit of a revealing dress, I said, I know you don't like, but this is how I am comfortable. He said, candidly, when did I say I didn't like. The last party we went to, I was wearing this sleeveless navy blue dress and he a navy blue T and jeans. He was quite romantic that day, told me, you are looking too good today. I said...how come we end up wearing the same color without planning for it? He said..kick you :) :)
I can't stop talking about him. The way he has touched me most is by his acceptance and allowance of freedom. Both of us simply love our freedom. We can compromise with anything else but not this. And after a long time I am happy. Read this:

me: u remember u only told me in one of ur romantic moods...that I shdn't go to US coz its very far away...otherwise wherever else I go...u'll come over...to meet me :)
He: its not romantic.. mood.
i still say the same :)
me: ok... and I still believe u :)
He: done

I told you our friendship is coming back :) I can't tell you how blissful I feel.

Ok now we were talking about Hate Story right. Not my stupid affair with a nonsense person. Well...now what's wrong. See, she is an educated girl, and she is doing what she feels like doing. It is a new era altogether. Nobody can stop anybody else. And what is the big harm in sexuality? In fact I find it rather interesting. Once it was the only weakness of girls, and men used to take advantage. Now it is the other way round. Cycle is completed and tables are turned. Nice, na?

I have become confident to the extent of being ruthless. I don't beg around anymore. Destiny is an ever imposing thing. If you take it in your stride, you have beaten 90% of your problem.

By the way, watched Bhooter Bhabishyat. Lovely movie. I was telling dad, when we were growing up, Bengali movie was in such a stage, that this modern range of film makers (who seem to be my age or younger) have learnt to cook in their own style so as satisfy their film appetite. Can't still believe such wonderful movies are being made these days. Way to go. And ya, once again... Calcutta...Calcutta... all I want is to come back to Calcutta...

No comments: