Saturday, August 4, 2007

The three music talent hunts

Come Firday evening...oh the week has been so tiring...what with mechanical kind of work which doesn't add to your skill set, compromising actions, diplomatic statements...thinking what should be proper and never being yourself...I am tired...

These programs give me relief. Sa re Ga Ma Pa in Zee, Indian Idol in Sony and Voice of India in Star. Not that all who sing here are excellent...but you know I am crazy about these 3 programs and religiously watch all the episodes. I have arguments with my roomies (they are very polite though) but I can't stay away...

Emon in Indian Idol and Aneek in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa...both from Calcutta...and both sing with an open voice. Reminds me of Saikat's Jadi Tare Nai Chini Go Seki...I was a little woman of 15 when Ananya, Pamela and Saikat took me by hand to the beauty of Music.

I remember how beautifully Aneek had sung Lagan Laggayi Hai in the Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, I had predicted he'd be the champion. Wish them both...best of luck...and as my father always says...best of effort.

Music gives you peace of mind. Listen to music. But please listen to melodious music. Learn to discriminate between noise and music.

Hey want to tell you about my other favorite contestants...Puja...in Indian Idol...she looks so nice...and also Amit Paul...ooh the way he sang Nasha yeh pyar ka nasha hai...ooh that was superb...Harshit in Voice of India...Rut aagayi re...he had taken me to another world...and Amanat and Raja in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa...two singers who can sing any song better than their original version...

Hey watch out for them...for music is good, and music does a lot of good.

No comments: