Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Impossibility Vs. Addiction

Things are curious when you are living life up to the brim. Then it rains. I watch the ritualistic evening time worship of the Mother Goddess and feel myself in an emotional haze. The Goddess comes alive amid downpouring rain, merely based on the strength of "bhakti". Bhakti that encompasses and surpasses all other hardles that come in the way of life, even death. I am in a trance, as the arati continues. Because, believe it or not, that's me. That's what my name is supposed to mean. দুর্গাপুজোর আরতি। Though I don't even know that for sure. Somebody once told me and I simply happened to like the meaning.

Believe me or not, I once had a chess board. And I used to play with my brother. My brother was better skilled than me in the game. I was just a time pass player. Way I am with everything, jack of all trades yet master of none. It's a wonder that I happen to have two master degrees,even after being such a casual person.

In the transition from Vodafone to Reliance Jio, I was hell bent not to lose the residual Vodafone data. It's expensive you see, Reliance is free. I have bought it with my hard earned money. Last time I got the whim of installing a chess app, I had severely scolded myself. This time I let go of my grumbling. Let's use up the data, one way or the other. I call him chessman no, at times. Ever written a story, found it impossible, and scratched it out? And then again, out of a strange compulsion, started writing it again? That's addiction for you...and I am suffering from it way too much, seriously...

No comments: