Sunday, January 31, 2016

The filmy me...

I haven't written for a while. Despite being on leave, the last week has been extremely hectic. But didn't I have stories to tell, even amid all the 'racing against time' engagements? I had, but my apparent mockery of the social medium called Facebook has apparently turned into an addiction, or so it seems. No, not really. Just that I have grown a certain fondness for telling stories through pictures, and this being an anonymous blog, I can't do that here. It seems important to have a picture trail of memories somewhere on the web, on how I have tried to live battling the everyday twists of fate. How I have tried to mend torn things, be it a broken family, some unrequited dreams or an unstable career, and smiled through it all. At least, tried my best to keep smiling - I have this smiling face no, God's gift, can't help :)

So, a small story then, because I'm dog tired and it's going to be 4 in the morning. I met a cousin sister, for the first time after 1998, during my cousin brother's marriage. Met her last during our house warming ceremony. We're of the same age (she's 6 months older than me - but we've studied in the same class - though in different schools, and finally pursued different streams). So when I was doing my engineering and she, her graduation in mathematics, we happened to have best friends of the same name (different surnames though). I was never much close to her (just by the way friends - Jab We Met types :D). There's an aunt close to both of us, from whom I got this information (how they spend all their time together - like us). Then in due course of time the aunt informed me - she's in love with her best friend, planning to marry him, what about you? I vehemently denied any probability of such a scenario in my life. I ventured out to Bangalore for my job, shortly afterwards the cousin sister went to Mumbai, but with her best friend, now her husband. I couldn't attend her marriage and hence couldn't meet my best friend's namesake. So it was only yesterday that I saw him for the first time - she's happily married to him for close to 10 years now, with a baby who seems to have just learned to walk. As she was introducing us, the filmy me again spoke in my mind - my Rito looks better than your Rito...remember Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai - meri Anjali tumhari Anjali se jyada khoobsurat hai? The incorrigible me :P

The only problem is - my Rito is not even mine, and her Rito is actually hers...

No comments: