Saturday, January 3, 2015

Things that I'd rather not write...

মা, খোকন মামা-ও? মা, তাহলে সিদ্ধার্থ দা রাও তো...? মা, দিদিভাই? মা, তার মানে তো দিদা-ও? Can you imagine...my own grandma?

When Anand had talked with dad about our marriage for the first time...I remember, we were sitting in the terrace, and he was very tensed...and dad was unusually caustic. "Oh, I must consider myself lucky that she considered someone from the neighboring state", he told him in a terse voice, "tomorrow, my grandchildren may select some German or Russian...I still won't have a say in that..."

I am this girl grown up in a melting pot na? Learned Hindi from Meenu (who was a Marwari) - she knew Bengali perfectly well, having studied in a Bengali medium school, but I just spoke with her in Hindi as I wanted to learn the language. And then there was my first MNC - which can be described as - a real mini India. And then I am experimental. So, as a result I have never known my own community well.

And then, I don't like getting caught. If you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them (I myself haven't read it) - you might just find a mention of me there :P ... but that doesn't mean I will get caught with my fantasy world. I know nobody cares a fig about my fantasies, but they are precious to me na - I don't like to share them with undeserving people. I am not "following my bliss" once again, am I?

And I chuckle at the way I react to my own ways. Won't carry the dongle to office, knowing there are chances of internet outage - and would be a nervous mess there. Amid this the regular struggle would continue. This time Citibank debited 500 bucks + taxes (another 62 bucks - 61.80 to be precise). So I had to shout myself hoarse to recover it, but I was successful finally. Must mention this - Vodafone and Citibank are two organizations who take their customer complaints seriously.

And then running errands for my job and my family is how I summarize my life these days. All said and done, it was heartbreak when even in the late night my dongle won't give me proper speed. Pages would get stuck. And would you believe, I'd do some trick or so and manage to leave my ipod downstairs, but today I remembered to bring it along. And I really really need some sleep so that I can attend to the errands scheduled for tomorrow (car servicing, university, then 7-D movie date with Ananya and her daughter).

I can't explain the detachment. A lot of relatives visited us today, because they had come over to attend the ongoing religious festival. I was perfectly normal with them, laughed a lot, but it'd wear me out internally. I sent mom dad for the event in the night, and just slept off. For some strange reason, I can't stand crowded places...this quietness suits me just fine :)

Why did I write such a huge lot of rubbish today? Because I absolutely adored this one...have you seen anything more cute? (To think that all someone can think about is "pains of life"...in such a beautiful world)


No comments: