Sunday, February 5, 2017

Self control and all that's bogus...

Self control is a pretty damned thing. But righteous human beings must practice it. I went through a roller coaster ride today. Some kids in my team just keep liking pictures randomly, pictures where all of us are tagged in...all teeth bared, and it'd hurt. It'd hurt not to find his existence. The existence of the man whose every footstep I have followed in the Facebook space for the last few months. And my friend list curiously shows one less friend. I know it's not him. I know that he hadn't unfriended me, just deactivated his account...and I try to find faith in his words, words that he specifically wrote to me - I am not going anywhere...yet, the optical illusion kills. I know almost all the pictures he has liked, the few pictures only he has liked or loved, and when I go to one such picture, it shows one love reaction, but when I click on it, it shows zero. I wait in vain for a letter, feel like confessing things to him, actually write the contents of this entry not in my blog but to him, and be done with it. But no, self control you must possess and practice. Screw বসন্তকাল...

No comments: