Saturday, July 3, 2010

Taking the decision

When I was deciding to quit my first job...it was easy. Life was much more difficult and demanding at that point of time...but decision was easy. I din't think twice before walking out of the exam hall in protest of some wrong/out of syllabus/out of protocol questions, jeopardizing my master's degree...but didn't have a thought then. I walked out of the university in protest of my supervisor's behavior, not giving a damn about my first job...I was always ready to protest.

But then, I was a 24-25 year old girl, who never thought of looking back. She knew that the world is waiting for her. Think of the time...dad was barely earning...every now and then he'd resign from his job out of exasperation, bro was still studying, and still I could nurse my ego. Now that I never fear starvation at least for one year...even if none of us in the family work or earn...still..I just can't put down my papers. Am I so greedy. Is this package so luring?

Or perhaps it is the helplessness. I know I might not have a future now. Might not ever get married. My bro might not be taking care of me when mom n dad won't be there. And anyways even in the present day, what savings do mom and dad have? The proud girl, at the onset of receiving her 3rd degree, thinks, what if I don't get another job? What if I lose the security I am having. What is there now is bad enough...but what if it turns worse? The world is so so full of vultures. ..

God give me some courage. I just can't take this job anymore. When I went for my interview with microsoft, there was a painting with a caption - a vacation is what you take, when you can't take what you have been doing till now anymore. I do need the vacation.

No comments: