Sunday, July 4, 2010

In love lies the salvation

I am no preacher. But I can see the dearth of love. Everywhere. Everyone is being moved only by selfishness. Who is there who even unconsciously practices "love thy neighbour" ? These days I read a lot. I watch a lot of movies. Typical past times of a girl who has got nothing else to do. No social life whatsoever. But then...as I read...I feel...hasn't there been enough cruelty already. My favorite scene when I go out on the roads, is an act of kindness to an animal. A car slowing down to provide time to a slow moving cattle, a man giving a biscuit to a stray dog...I think...what is the animal's fault that humans have become so civilized? It's their world as well...what if they can't interpret traffic signals? What if we waste plenty of food while having our own dinner, still won't spare any for a hapless stray creature.

Think less about your misforture...well off man. Think of those who never have time to ponder over their condition, they have to work so hard merely to sustain life. I hate my hi tech job, long for my parents company, long for a stable well settled life...and I agonize everytime I have to get up early in the morning. And then I hear that familiar scream of the paper wala...PAPER...See I told you...he perhaps dint even get enough time to crib...he got up in the morning...saw that there's no rice to feed the little ones...took out his heavy bag and went out screaming...at the top of his voice.

I was telling mom the other day...mom, people complain that God has not given them enough. Arre even God has such a huge empire...in His justice, He gives whatever possible to everyone...how can anyone ever think of billions of people at the same time. He also tries to find a best way out. Like we all do.

And tell you what...if you want to live happily...never let go of that four lettered word HOPE.

1 comment:

Seema said...

I like the idea of feeding the stray, esp dogs. They give back unconditionally, always :)