Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Translation of a certain unknown poem...

When the heart was looking for shelter from rain –
Moonbeams came instead to ease my deep pain...


Some words hide in the air,
Water hides some,
Some remain in the mind,
Sobbing yet calm.

Engraved in burnt earth–
Snow white - sleep in foreign hearth


Those were days insane –
Without a thought of loss or gain.
The first monsoon - drizzles don't end –
Darkened with the first clouds God send.


Words in my heart, when came to my lips -
Wanted to step out - my place looked undone.
Couldn’t find way and the road was steep –
Before I could reach you, the time was gone.

Silent noon - dumbness struck
My life's abode.
The joy of love flooded the heart
Now it's a load –
Of dreamlessness - bliss that's no more
The choked breeze that fails - to open the door.


Engraved in burnt earth
Snow white - sleep in foreign hearth

No comments: